Date and time: Saturday, May 11th (11:00 – 17:00), Economics/Law Campus, Kagawa University
Matsuyama JALT Featured Speaker:
Ian Isemonger – Kumamoto University (Doing Quantitative Research)
East Shikoku JALT Featured Speaker:
Chiaki Iwai – Hiroshima City University (Communications Strategies)
Oxford University Press Featured Speaker:
Junko Yamanaka – OUP author / Extensive Reading Foundation (Extensive Reading & Reading Strategies)
To be announced in early March
After the featured speaker talks, the latter part of the programme will include sessions for 30-minute presentations/short papers (20 minutes + 10 min Q&A). We invite presentation proposals from JALT members as well as non-members.
(CLOSED) The deadline for proposals is Friday, February 22nd, 2013. Presentation proposals will be vetted by the Conference committee. Decisions on presentation proposals will be sent out in mid to late March.
Please submit your proposal for a short paper to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presentation submissions should include the following information in the text of the email message:
Name: (please include any co-presenters along with the main speaker)
Presentation title: (no longer than 60 characters/letters including spaces)
Abstract: (maximum: 150 words)
Teaching context: (eg. university, high school/jhs, primary school)
Research/Content area: (eg. Reading, Motivation, TBLT, Listening, Testing, CALL, Materials, etc.)
Equipment requests: (eg. projector, DVD)
1. Any JALT member may attend the Conference free of charge
2. There is no presentation fee for JALT members with accepted proposals
3. One-day membership for non-members: 1000 yen
4. There will be a presentation fee of 2000 yen for accepted proposals from non-members (in addition to the one-day membership)
5. Co-presenter submissions are welcomed but the main speaker shall be responsible for any payment of presentation fees for non-member co-presenters one month prior to the Conference.
We hope you will consider sharing your language teaching research or practical classroom ideas at the 4th Shikoku JALT Conference at Kagawa University. Please inform your colleagues and friends about this Conference. The 2013 Shikoku JALT Conference is sure to have something of interest for everyone.
Darren Lingley & Gerardine McCrohan
4th Annual Shikoku JALT Conference (2013)