The call for papers is now open for the 9th Shikoku JALT Conference to be held at Shikoku Gakuin University in Zentsugi, Kagawa on Saturday, June 16th, 2018. The Conference will be co-sponsored by East Shikoku JALT, Matsuyama JALT and Oxford University Press.
Date, time and location:
Saturday, June 16th, 1:00-5:00 (time may change slightly for scheduling purposes)
Shikoku Gakuin University, Zentsuji, Kagawa (building/room details/location maps TBA)
Prof. Keiko Sakui (Kobe Shoin Women’s University)
Speaker: Don Carroll, Shikoku Gakuin University
Date and time: Sunday, Feb. 4th (2:00 – 4:00)
Location: English Cafe, Olive Square, Kagawa University.
Abstract: Questions are rarely just questions…and responses do more than answer. Both questions and their responses serve as vehicles for social actions and both are finely tuned to manage the exigencies of a particular moment in talk-in-interaction. Continue reading
The Japanese version of JALT2018 main site is available: https://jalt.org/ja/conference/jalt2018?translation=ja
The Call for Proposals is now open, and most proposals are due on February 12, 2018.
More details can be found at the following link:
The JALT2018 conference will be held November 23-26, 2018 in Shizuoka.
Download conference poster
- Date: Saturday, May 13, 2017 (12:30-5:30)
- Venue: Kochi University, Asakura Campus, Humanities Bldg, 5F, Meeting Room 1
- Sponsors: Matsuyama JALT, East Shikoku JALT, Oxford University Press
- Website: East Shikoku JALT – http://esjalt.org
- Fees: JALT Members and students: free, One-Day Member Fee: 1000 yen
- 12:30-12:50 Registration/Welcome
- 1:00-1:45 Keynote Lecture: Terry Laskowski (Kumamoto University), Unpacking Three Interrelated Concepts: Globalization (as Spaceship Earth), Active Learning, Teaching English Through English (TETE)
- 1:45-2:30 Oxford University Press Featured Speaker: Rob Peacock, Motivating Learners to Speak
- 2:50-5:30 Parallel presentation sessions: Meeting Room 1 Seminar Room 1